The focus of the course will be on providing a firm foundation in basic classical drawing skills from which one can gradually develop further into more adventurous expressive artwork in different media. This is a nine weeks course.
102 Foundation Drawing. Owen Thompson.
Using simple drawing materials we will look at learning the basic methods of sound observation drawing, including:-
- Getting the shapes right: Proportional judgements. Comparative measurement.
- Tonal Shading:. How to see and put down tone using different methods of shading. Using Contrast to create three dimensional space.
- Nature Studies: Shells, plants, animals and birds.
- Composition: Some pointers on how to improve compositional balance and dynamics, including the use of focal Points.
- Perspective drawing: Basic principles of freehand perspective drawing.
- Portrait and figure drawing: An introduction to proportions of the face and figure and different approaches to their representation.
- Mixed Media: Try out drawing materials or new combinations including Charcoal, Conte Crayon, Colour Pencil, Inks, and Pastels. A chance to free up.