The focus of the course will be on providing a firm foundation in basic classical drawing skills from which one can gradually develop further into more adventurous expressive artwork in different media. This is a nine weeks course. This is the concession price item for Seniors, health, pension cardholders and the unemployed.
Foundation Drawing. Owen Thompson.
Using simple drawing materials we will look at learning the basic methods of sound observation drawing, including:-
- Getting the shapes right: Proportional judgements. Comparative measurement.
- Tonal Shading:. How to see and put down tone using different methods of shading. Using Contrast to create three dimensional space.
- Nature Studies: Shells, plants, animals and birds.
- Composition: Some pointers on how to improve compositional balance and dynamics, including the use of focal Points.
- Perspective drawing: Basic principles of freehand perspective drawing.
- Portrait and figure drawing: An introduction to proportions of the face and figure and different approaches to their representation.
- Mixed Media: Try out drawing materials or new combinations including Charcoal, Conte Crayon, Colour Pencil, Inks, and Pastels. A chance to free up.