About the Course
A day of patchwork and simple quilting where you will learn how to prepare, align and cut quilting fabrics, hand (English Paper Piecing) or machine pieced (Strip) patchwork, basic machine quilting, binding and finishing with the goal of completing one rug mug.
The workshop is suitable for beginner to intermediate sewists and beginning quilters.
Please bring these materials.
● Paper for drafting patterns ideas, minimum 5 sheets
● Lead pencil, sharpener and eraser
● Clear plastic ruler marked with inches or rectangle Quilters Ruler minimum 12"
● Rotary cutter
● Self-healing mat
● Dressmaking scissors
● Paper scissors
● hand sewing needle - Crewel or Sharps size 10 or 11
● Berry or bead-head pins, (or quilters clips if you prefer them)
● Sewing machine and * walking foot if you have one
Maximum number of attendees for this workshop is 10
Please bring lunch and cup.
Tea and coffee provided
Any questions – please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Judith completed teacher training in 1983 and has been teaching Textiles and Design in NSW high schools since 1984. She also completed an Applied Fashion Design and Technology Certificate in 2012 and Surface Pattern and Design training in 2022.